As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible to support activities that require engineering development, testing and sustainment of FreeFlight Systems equipment on numerous aircraft installations. In addition as a systems engineer you will be required to participate in requirements generation, for various avionics products and services, including and not limited to universal access transceivers, radar altimeters, advanced flight management systems and other aircraft state-measuring and communication systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Actual duties and responsibilities may vary as a result of corporate directives, departmental objectives and special projects, in addition to the duties outlined below
- Project technical plan assistance in coordination with engineering program management
- Creation of system level schematics, mechanical drawings, and diagrams
- Creation of documentation necessary for FAA approvals including:
- Installation Instructions
- Pilots Guides
- Flight Manual Supplements
- Instructions for Continued Airworthiness
- Provides project related progress reports and presentations as necessary
- Ensuring project adherence to FAA/MIL/Customer requirements and FreeFlight Systems technical policies, configuration management practices, airworthiness, and safety standards
- Collaborating across engineering teams to resolve and integrate technical/engineering requirements and verify their incorporation in the resulting product
- Developing, supporting, and leading technical reviews with FreeFlight Systems customers, contractors, and the FAA/DoD or its representatives
- Will involve working across multiple engineering disciplines and technical areas such as aircraft systems, software, production, and post-delivery sustainment
- BS in Electrical/Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent or related field
- Minimum 2 to 3 years industry experience accomplishing electrical or system engineering in a structured, configuration-managed environment
- Experience interpreting industry and governmental requirements regarding avionics and navigations systems
- Experience drafting system specifications, high-level hardware/software requirements, low-level hardware/software requirements, and test procedures, along with verifying requirements traceability
- Experience with tools such as multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Software development experience with C, python, and windows application development (.NET tools) strongly desired
- Intellectual curiosity coupled with attention to detail.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Visio.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Highly organized team player with excellent technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- U.S. citizen and U.S. permanent residents (current Green Card) preferred
- Local candidates will be given preference
- FAA standards for integration of avionics such as flight management Systems, Satellite navigation systems (GPS/SBAS, Galileo, GLONASS), radar altimeters, etc.
- Experience with applications such as Solidworks and OrCAD
- Experience with PC-based tools such as Teraterm.
- Experience with iOS and Android application development will be a plus
- Experience with tools such as signal generators, vector signal analyzer
- Technical experience such as soldering and wire crimping.
- Experience with development of system architectures for avionics systems, including allocation of functionality between hardware and software strongly desired.
Reports to: Aircraft Systems Integration Manager
Working Conditions: Full-Time
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, TX
Travel: 5% or as deemed necessary
FreeFlight Systems offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, health and dental benefits, 401K.
FreeFlight Systems is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to equal employment opportunity being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with FreeFlight Systems principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. FreeFlight Systems prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Please send your resumes to email@example.com