As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will develop and execute avionics embedded hardware. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of design, test, operation, and aircraft integration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop circuits, boards, and rugged electronic hardware assemblies across the entire product life cycle, including concept and requirements definition, design, prototyping, verification (power-on, functional / acceptance / qualification testing) and release to production
- Develop analog, digital, and mixed-signal designs that interact with avionics systems, including analysis, schematic capture, layout, design review, test/verification, and qualification release.
- Support risk analyses, failure modes effects and criticality analyses (FMECA), Design For test/manufacture/cost (DFx), and root-cause analysis of product test and manufacturing discrepancies.
- Perform trade studies and selection of avionics components and systems
- Develop avionics hardware requirements and interface control documents
- Will work closely with Sr. Electrical Design Engineer and project management throughout the avionics hardware development lifecycle
- Support milestone reviews including PDR, CDR, SDR etc.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent or related field with minimum 3 years of direct experience in electronics hardware development
- Direct hands-on experience with analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuit design, analysis, test, and debug
- Familiarity with IPC 6xx (or similar) standards for highly critical class 3 board assemblies
- FPGA development experience will be a plus
- Knowledge of signal integrity, power, grounding, and general board layout principles
- Exposure to analog and digital filters, signal conditioning and signal processing
- Familiarity with amplifiers, analog-to-digital converters, power supplies, and analog circuits
- Familiarity with general lab equipment (oscilloscope, DMM, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer) will be a plus
- Highly organized team player with excellent technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- U.S. citizen and U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder) preferred
- Local candidates will be given preference.
- Experience using Cadence OrCAD / Allegro (or similar tools) to design complex aerospace boards; and experience working with external board manufacturing and assembly vendors
- Some experience with scripting; programming and analysis/modeling tools: Python, Linux/Windows shell scripting; assembly language, C, C++; MATLAB / Simulink / SPICE (or similar).
- Exposure to designing safety or mission critical aerospace flight hardware compliant with DO-254
Reports to: Sr. Electrical Design Engineer
Working Conditions: Full-Time
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
FreeFlight Systems offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, health and dental benefits, 401K.
FreeFlight Systems is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to equal employment opportunity being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with FreeFlight’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. FreeFlight systems prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Send a copy of your resume to HR@freeflightsystems.com