Reports To: Director of Operations
Summary: The Production Manager plans, organizes and control production to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to standard. The Production Manager drives operational excellence across the manufacturing value stream with a keen focus on meeting quality, process, and customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following.
Plan and organize production schedules.
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Lean, plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations. Analyze production bottlenecks and inefficiencies, seeking solutions. Promote Lean manufacturing techniques and processes.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital. Assure attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Establish group and individual accountability throughout assigned departments for problem solving
- Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and discharge staff, and resolve personnel grievances. Establish training protocol for team
- Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact-based problem solving. Document current procedures for verification of capacity.
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes. Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Prepare and maintain production reports and personnel records.
- Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Ensure efficient collaboration and coordination between relevant departments including procurement, logistics, and planning.
- All other duties as assigned.
Strong communication skills required both written and oral.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- High energy level required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Six plus years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Four years of supervisory/managerial experience.
Proficient with MRP/ERP database software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint