As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for developing, documenting, and testing embedded software based on system requirements. Embedded software development for universal access transceivers, radar altimeters and other aircraft state-measuring and communication systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Actual duties and responsibilities may vary as a result of corporate directives, departmental objectives and special projects, in addition to the duties outlined below.
- Design implement and test new embedded firmware features including device drivers, interfaces to application layer software and integration of third-party software.
- Support problem resolution on existing products by reproducing, analyzing and proposing fixes
- Coordinate with other team members at multiple sites as required to resolve technical problems
- Integrate code in a multi-developer, multi-site development environment
- Develop software and generate requirements per RTCA DO-178B and FAA TSO certification standards.
- Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle including requirements definition, coding, integrating, and testing.
- Perform testing of avionics hardware and software to meet RTCA, FAA or MIL certification requirements.
- Perform simple subsystem bread boarding, integration, and test of production prototypes.
- Provide customer support for critical issues regarding design, development and testing of FreeFlight Systems products.
- Contribute towards the timely disposition of Problem Reports against the software of FreeFlight Systems products.
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and cooperative attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent or related field with minimum 5 to 7 years of direct experience in embedded software development.
- Thorough working knowledge of C and C++
- 2-3 years programming experience in C/assembly with DSP/RISC processors, e.g. ARM/MIPS/NXP
- Familiarity with Eclipse IDE or similar IDEs
- Experience with GIT or Subversion similar SW Version Control systems required
- Windows – user and developer level
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills in bringing up new hardware quickly, solid understanding and proven track record of resolving hardware/software integration issues, comfortable to debug at board level using logic analyzers & oscilloscopes
- Hands-on device driver development experience with devices such as ethernet, UART, ARINC interfaces, USB host/device, Ethernet, WiFi, I2C, SPI, NAND Flash, etc.
- Experience with Math – trigonometry, linear algebra, and geometry will be a plus
- Highly organized team player with excellent technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- U.S. citizen and U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder) preferred
- Local candidates will be given preference
Reports to: Principal/Lead SW Development Engineer
Working Conditions: Full-Time
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
FreeFlight Systems offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, health and dental benefits, 401K.
FreeFlight Systems is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to equal employment opportunity being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with FreeFlight’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. FreeFlight systems prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Send a copy of your resume to HR@freeflightsystems.com