Reports To: Director of Operations
Summary: This position will lead and direct all facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to, purchasing, logistics, warehousing, inventory management, material forecasting, capacity planning and sourcing, master scheduling, inventory control and financial costing, as necessary for JIT materials support to FreeFlight Systems production center(s). This position will provide leadership and direction on a cross functional basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the activities of all functions involved in the purchasing, planning, warehousing and control of materials from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished product into finished goods inventory and delivery of products to customer(s).
- Manage inventory and establishes controls to ensure FreeFlight Systems is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance indicators (KPI’s) and minimized supply chain risk.
- Secure the right product at the best price with JIT efficiency
- Create and prioritize job-orders for the optimization of production while meeting daily customer requirements.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire function in creating a world class materials management group.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement.
- Lead and coach others in maintaining excellence in quality control, and safety.
- Develop and continuously improve supplier programs.
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new ERP system and optimize its use.
- Lead negotiation efforts for major contracts.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets accordingly.
- Establishes annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) in coordination with corporate objectives and manages performance to ensure attainment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong background in manufacturing, timelines and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams, including Production, Repair, Logistics, Quality, Sales and Accounting
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management skills, including ability to multitask and organize/track information
- Ability to be flexible and committed to results in pressure situations
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 6-10 years of supply chain and/or purchasing experience
- 4-5 years of supervisor experience
- Advanced knowledge of ERP systems
- Advanced knowledge and usage of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the person is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is occasionally high.
FreeFlight Systems is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
All employees shall be held responsible for following safety rules and procedures, reporting and eliminating safety hazards in a timely fashion, reporting accidents and near misses, and cooperating in any type of accident investigation. Management and supervisory employees shall be held accountable for emphasizing safety and participating in any safety meetings, checking and eliminating safety hazards within the company, updating practices, improving working conditions, and maintaining records as required by applicable state and federal laws.