Title: Supply Chain Manager
Reports To: Director of Operations
FreeFlight Systems develops, manufactures, and supports high performance, safety-of-life-critical systems for commercial and military aerospace applications. Our in-house manufacturing model focuses on integration and test of systems which allows us to ensure and validate the quality of our delivered products. Capital and time intensive manufacturing operations are outsourced, and over 2/3 of our total manufacturing costs are incurred in our supply chain. Our customer base expects us to deliver complex products with very short lead times. This, coupled with our desire for effective cash management, leads us to a build-to-forecast model that relies heavily on the flexibility, dependability, and quality of our supply chain.
The successful candidate for the Supply Chain Manager position will lead all facets of supply chain management including, the development and implementation of supply chain policies, practices and procedures that support our operating model and our goals of providing high quality, cost effective products and services to our customers while maintaining best in class financial performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage purchasing team and create a world class materials management group.
- Improve supply chain performance, optimize value of the entire function, maximize efficiency, and minimize expenses.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve strategies and policies, practices, and procedures for sourcing, vendor selection, and supplier agreements and management to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Establish performance goals, metrics and provide timely feedback for supplier partners.
- Identify purchased materials categories and establish policies and procedures for managing each category
- Establish trust, promote collaboration, and increase agility among suppliers.
- Lead negotiation efforts with suppliers for all purchases .
- Develop and manage departmental budget including managing materials costs while maintaining quality.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Quality suppliers in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches.
- Decrease current inventory levels and increase inventory turns.
- Manage and minimize the risks that could affect or interrupt the supply chain.
- Establish controls to ensure organizations is operating at the highest level of performance based on key Target Attainment Plan (TAP’s)
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement.
- Establish annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) in coordination with company objectives and manage performance to ensure attainment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Strong analytical, planning, negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong background in manufacturing and materials planning and inter-dependencies
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as to think strategically and laterally
- Ability to work independently, within the department and with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management skills, including ability to multitask and organize/track information
- Ability to understand technical requirements such as blueprints and bills of materials
- Ability to be flexible and committed to results in pressure situations
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Experience in driving Continuous Improvement
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business Administration or Supply Chain/Logistics
- Minimum 5 years of supply chain and/or purchasing experience
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Working knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office Suite
- (Preferred) Working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the person is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is occasionally high.
FreeFlight Systems is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
All employees shall be held responsible for following safety rules and procedures, reporting and eliminating safety hazards in a timely fashion, reporting accidents and near misses, and cooperating in any type of accident investigation. Management and supervisory employees shall be held accountable for emphasizing safety and participating in any safety meetings, checking and eliminating safety hazards within the company, updating practices, improving working conditions, and maintaining records as required by applicable state and federal laws.