Reports To: Director of Operations
Summary: This position will strategically lead all facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to, developing and implementing supply chain policies to deliver orders to FreeFlight Systems so our customers will receive a quality product when the customers want those orders while lowering costs and improving performance and profitability of our organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Improve supply chain performance, optimize value of the entire function, maximize efficiency, and minimize expenses.
- Develop and continuously improve strategies and policies in regard to sourcing, vendor selection, and purchase agreements to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Identify and manage critical items and critical suppliers.
- Establish trust, promote collaboration and increase agility among suppliers.
- Lead negotiation efforts with suppliers for major contracts.
- Manage departmental budgets accordingly including managing materials costs while maintaining quality
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches. Cross functional teams should include Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain partners.
- Decrease current inventory levels and increase inventory turns.
- Manage and minimize the risks that could affect or interrupt the supply chain.
- Establishes controls to ensure organizations is operating at the highest level of performance based on key Target Attainment Plan (TAP’s)
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement.
- Establishes annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) in coordination with corporate objectives and manages performance to ensure attainment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Strong analytical, planning, negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong background in manufacturing timelines and requirements
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as to think strategically and laterally
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management skills, including ability to multitask and organize/track information
- Ability to read and understand technical requirements such as blueprints and bills of materials
- Ability to be flexible and committed to results in pressure situations
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business Administration or Supply Chain/Logistics
- Minimum 5 years of supply chain and/or purchasing experience
- Minimum 3 years of supervisor experience
- Advanced knowledge of ERP systems
- Advanced knowledge and usage of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All employees shall be held responsible for following safety rules and procedures, reporting, and eliminating safety hazards in a timely fashion, reporting accidents and near misses, and cooperating in any type of accident investigation. Management and supervisory employees shall be held accountable for emphasizing safety and participating in any safety meetings, checking and eliminating safety hazards within the company, updating practices, improving working conditions, and maintaining records as required by applicable state and federal laws.
Send a copy of your resume to HR@freeflightsystems.com